Pages

Followers

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Make a Card at Fashionable Stamping CH 59

 
 
Hello dear crafters in blogland hope all is well with you :)
the lovely ladies over at Fashionable Stamping have set a new challenge
 and we are asked to make a card. Now I don't do cards very often
but having looked at the inspirational cards from the DT I felt like having a go.  
 
I have torn and lightly sanded some brown coordination card
and did faux stitches round the edge
torn a smaller piece of paper and stamped it with text and a swirl in sepia
then machine stitched onto the brown card
the words have been stamped onto tissue paper then stuck on
the decorative tag has had the edges dipped into gold embossing powder and heated
stamped with a floral swirl and hi-lighted with white pen
I have finished off with wrapping black twine
and adding flowers, text butterflies and a heart.
I shall use it as a just note card :)
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking time to comment
 it is very much appreciated and I do try to visit you back and enjoy looking at your work.
 
Enjoy your crafting
 
Hugs Sandra XXX 
 
PS I just saw that I have won on the random generator on the Fashionable Challenge blog :)  for the masks and stencils challenge. How lovely. Thank you ladies.
 
 
I recently attended a workshop at my local quilting store
The workshop was run by a very talented mixed media artist Alexander Waylett
We worked with burnishing copper and gold leaf onto cotton velvet
I made this piece It should look better when I frame it, I hope LOL
but I really did enjoy the day.
 
Thanks for looking
Hugs Sandra xXX


6 comments:

Von said...

Super card Sandra :) and well done on your win :)
Von ♥

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sandra, this is such a lovely card, love the faux stitching. The sentiment is perfect - this is the type of card that really does brighten your day.
Congrats on your win.
Thanks for linking up with us at FSC.
Avril xx

chrissie said...

Congratulations on your win!

Love the card with a lot of work to admire on it.

The piece you did at the workshop is amazing-wonderful colours and textures

Love Chrissie x

Terry said...

Great vintage feel to your card! The torn edges and stitching are great touches! Congrats on your win! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Laurart said...

Such a stunning card! I love all the layers and the stitching! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Love Laura xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Super card Sandra and well done on your win. Jenny x