Pages

Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Mona Lisa at Artful Times

Challenge number 10 over at The Artful Times and Von has chosen Mona Lisa, she is a good choice, very iconic. I am making myself a sampler book a place where I can indulge my love of fabric, lace, buttons, beads, bows mixed with paint, ink and any other technique I want to try out.
My Mona Lisa is an image printed onto calico using Tshirt transfer paper. I have dipped a piece of muslin into watered down dusty rose acrylic paint for the backing and some of the embellishments. Used pieces of music sheet paper underneath the fabrics and for stamping the Eiffel tower onto. The fabrics are green silk (which is peeping through the lace border) cotton and vintage lace. The swirl is cut from gold card and I have beaded the top corner along with some hand cross stitches. I have rubbed some gold metallic to give an aged look. It was such a pleasure to make this. Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comments. Now back to the Olympics. Hugs All Sandra X

10 comments:

chrissie said...

My Sandra this is just so beautiful. This book you are making will be a real treasure when it is finished.

Love Chrissie xxxxxx

Meggymay said...

Wow, amazing and beautiful, love all the gorgeous details. The Sample Book is a super idea.
Yvonne

Von said...

Your passion for fabric is a wonderful setting for Mona Sandra :)
Thank you for sharing another page of your book wth us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Suze Bain said...

I love this Sandra. Gorgeous lace, fabrics and stitching. I so want to have a go at making a fabric book. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really gorgeous - love the colours, and the different materials and lace! Hugs, Valerie

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

stunning work Sandra, you're getting a bit good at this stuff LOL.

Hugs Sue x

Sue said...

Wow this is beautiful, what a keepsake x

sam21ski said...

Brilliant idea for your sample book Sandra. Great colours and love how you've transferred the image onto fabric

Sam - Artful Times xxx

Julia S-W said...

Love all the texture and the total vintage feel of your page Sandra - wonderful!
Juliaxx

Neet said...

A lot of work has gone into this but so worth it! What a gorgeous piece you have graced us with this week.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx