Pages

Followers

Thursday 12 April 2012

Out of the Hat Creations. challenge 4

The Challenge pulled out of the hat (Out of the Hat Creations) for this week was a bit tricky as I had to rummage around in the Diamonds shed sacred ground LOL. He bless him thought I had completely lost my marbles (maybe he is right LOL). Anyway I found a large tin full of all sorts of stuff like old coins, snaps,  washers, brass bits (collar dog backings) from his Army days some old buckles and old sacking.
I decided to make a fabric art (art really?) hanging. So I chose 2 sorts of fabric that had a design that looked like rusty circles and old colours. I backed with some wadding and did a bit of free form sewing all over it. I hand dyed a piece of used colour catcher (I just love these sheets so versatile) using water and acrylic paint just a quick dunk and sewed it to my fabric. i covered the fabric with wunderweb and gave it a blast with my heat gun it resembles cobwebs which I also found in the shed :) I cut circles out of the colour catcher and sewed washers to it with metallic thread and sewed on the brass colour backings the snaps were fabric glued. It is all attached with wire and green garden sticks also from the shed. Thanks for stopping by me blog and the lovely comments. Hope you can take part in our challenge as I would love to see what you come up with. Hugs All Sandra XXX

7 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful hanging Sandra and so many treasures you found in the shed for sure.

I will be laughing all day about the spider's web comment as I feel the same about spiders.

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely hanging, but spiders....?? Valerie

Janet said...

hi Sandra,great find in Diamonds shed & the sacking fits in so well with the bits you found.
Janet x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic hanging Sandra. I clicked on the pictures to see all the fab detail. Love the design and your thoughts behind this. The cobwebs would also look great on a Halloween project. Melting fabric is such good fun. You never know what you are going to get.
Regards to you and the Diamand
Florence xxx

Suze Bain said...

Fab mixed media piece Sandra, super techniques and embellishments and great stitching! xx

Von said...

Absolutly stunning Sandra !you are a whizz with the fabrics :)
Von x♥x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Emma x