Pages

Followers

Friday 4 November 2011

A month of Favorites

Over at JFF a new monthly theme chosen by Neet and she is focusing on Favorites. Whoop Whoop love this theme. This week it is using a favourite stamp great I thought but as Neet said there so many favorites LOL. Anyway the stamp I used is my all time favorite. I used a tag which I cut out of water colour paper as I wanted to paint the background and this paper does not curl like painted card. For the background it is a combination of painted card (lilac)and painted fusible (bondaweb) which I painted in 2 different colours (black and pink). It is then ironed onto the tag along with pieces of sequin waste,organza and paper. I gave it a blast with the heat gun to create a few holes and a distressed look. I stamped my favorite stamp onto the card masked her and stamped musical notes over the whole thing. I re stamped my little fairy girl and gave her a wash in pink and a sparkle glaze. She is then glued over the original image to create a shadow effect (sort off) with the addition of a red heart (well it is my favorite stamp) and pieces of winged background paper she was done. I did enjoy making that tag. Enjoy the weekend even if it is wet and be careful with the fireworks. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs Sandra XX

11 comments:

Zoechaos said...

love your little favourite fairy girl stamp so looks very sweet on your fab tag love all the texture you have as well. Great to see you joining us again at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra. Fantastic tag. Such a lot of work but the effect is super.
Have a lovely weekend.
Regards Florence x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sandra wow ! Lots of fabulous techniques on this gorgeous tag and I can see why this is your favourite stamp she really is so pretty. Great masking and stamping ! Have a great time this weekend.

Marie

Von said...

Owww what a lot of work you have put into your tag and a fantastic effect with your favourite stamp standing pretty on it
Thank you for sharing with us at JFF
Von xxx

Brenda Brown said...

This is gorgeous Sandra, love the colours and elements you have used.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment.
Have a wonderful weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, the fairy is gorgeous! Valerie

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Crickey's Sandra you've really got this altered art down to perfection, so many techniques, just adore your tag x

chrissie said...

Just love all opf this and the stamp is so right for the tag

xxx

Janet said...

Love your tag Sandra,your stamp is fab.see you soon
Janet x

Neet said...

Thought I was never going to get a comment on here - four attempts and Chrome could not attach to Blogger - phew! Finally made it and I so wanted to comment on this tag.
You say you had fun creating it, well I had fun reading it. So many things you did fascinated me and I kept going back to the tag to look for the different bits. I absolutely bloomin' well love it!
Am feeling grotty with a cold and sore throat (lost my voice too) so reading and seeing this was a real tonic. Thanks for stopping by and joining in with us at JFF. Hugs, Neet x

salamanda said...

All the different colours and textures work so well in this tag.