Pages

Followers

Thursday 29 September 2011

JFF "Anything but a card" Challenge

Is it me or does everyone just LOVE an Indian summer, everything seems so beautiful warm sunshine tinged with autumn colours, good for the soul. Over at JFF this week and a 5 week month so we have "Anything except a card". Well this week I have been working on a little box so I thought I would enter this into the JFF. I painted and distressed the box by crackle medium and rubbing in DIs. I stamped on tissue and blended into the box on top and sides covered the whole lot with matt medium. Inside the box I distressed and lined with mulberry paper onto which I stamped "Roses are red etc, I made a small heart cushion which I had stamped a butterfly and beaded, tiny button and key finally a small grunge flower. The picture is a crafty individuals and it has been crackled. The story of the box, it was given to a WW1 solider by his love and he kept it with him in the trenches until he came home again. The funny thing is I am not at all romantic LOL just ask the diamond, he thinks the sun has gone to my head. Thanks for stopping by blog. Enjoy the sun. Hugs Sandra XX

14 comments:

Neet said...

Glad the sun has gone to your head - as this entry is so pretty - and such a romantic story you have weaved around it.
Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x
ps I too love the sun at this time of the year, this morning everything had that lovely golden hue about it.,

Von said...

Oh I have enjoyed looking at your box Sandra :) Thank you for sharing it with us Fun
Von xxx

Rhonda said...

This is lovely, and very romantic! Sunshine can do wonders for us, can't it? Cheers!

Zoechaos said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the crackle looks so rich and textured beautiful work. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Suze Bain said...

Love the story behind this Sandra. Fabulous piece with beautiful embellishments. xx

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous project Sandra. Love how you have used the tissue and the effect it has created. You know I have looked at that bird stamp many times and it just didn't appeal to me until I saw your box.
Have a great weekend.
Regards Florence x

Jaqi said...

Pretty little box, I especially like that you have decorated the inside too

Ann B said...

Lovely colours you have used on your box - don't you just love boxes!

Ang C said...

A gorgeous little box

Janet said...

Fabulous box Sandra,with a great story.
Janet x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! well done Sandra xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sandra what a beautiful box ! both inside and out it is just so romantic and pretty and love it.

Marie

salamanda said...

What a beautiful and pretty box

Judith's Notes said...

Hi Sandra just had alook at all of your recent creations, they're lovely. I love the little heart in the box and the unusual star tag. You've got a real talent for this stuff. Jx