Pages

Followers

Sunday 8 May 2011

Inchies & JFF

Its been a funny week for me lots of rushing around and hospital visits, as last Sunday the Diamond had lots of pain which turned out to be 'Kidney Stones'. So having spent Sunday at A&E with him he was admitted and eventually came home Thursday. Not quite the end of the story as he will have to go and have them zapped. Anyway we had a nice quiet weekend with lovely sunny weather, no rain to speak of as was promised by the BBC. Over at JFF it is a new month and a new theme 'Size Matters' to set us off Neet chose 'Inchies', now whilst I have seen inchies it is very new to me I did rack my brains to no avail (probably still tired LOL) I did find some inchie stamps I had bought once upon a time so started by using these. Well it turned out to be a very bright and gaudy tag LOL. Not quite sure how this happened but it did. I Used my big and juicy inks with a brayer to cover the tag then stippled through sequin waste and stamped swirls in purple then a swosh of glitter glaze (you can see where it strated to get gaudy (is that how you spell it?). The inchie stamped have been highlighted with white gel pen to lift them. To attach the inchie stamps I machined sewed and machine sewed added ruffled ribbon and hearts, flowers then a bit of bling (of course). So here it is my very in the face inchie tag. Hope it brings a smile to you if nothing else. Thanks for dropping by. XOXO

10 comments:

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

made me smile Sandra LOL, sewing looks fab and I spot some orange flowers.... really well done you xxx

Zoechaos said...

Wow this rocks love all the bright colours all fresh and up beat. Hope 'The diamond' is zapped soon and is his bright helpful self again soon :)

Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun again Sandra given all you have going in it is above and beyond XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

I don't think it's gaudy at all, I think the colours are fabulous, love the addition of the machine sewn ribbons too.

Fab inchies, great idea to enhance them with the white outlines.

Thanks for joining us again this week over on JFF - Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your tag it is fab not gaudy love all those great colours and textures, and you made me laugh with your story too , an added bonus.

Marie

chrissie said...

Just love this it would brighten any day-well done for fitting it into a very busy time. Hope all goes well.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag Sandra. It's not gaudy I love all the colours. They work well. Sending you and the diamond lots of hugs.
Regards Florence.

Von said...

Aren't they lovley little stamps :) and such viberant colours. Beautifully stitched together as well .
Thanks for finding the time to join us at Just For Fun .
Hope your diamond is shinning bright again soon
Von x

Ang C said...

Great inchies and a fab tag

Jaqi said...

great tag and what awesome colours

Neet said...

First of all hope "the diamond" is soon feeling much better.
Love your inchie tag. Orange compliments purple so that is bang on with the colour. Love the stamps you used for the inchies. Love the subtle colouring too.
Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x