Pages

Followers

Monday 3 January 2011

A New Year

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year break, I certainly did. However my poor cousin found herself in hospital for Christmas (mega hugs Sue) happily she is home and on the mend. This is going to be a good year and also a year filled with uncertainty, good because my son is getting married (really looking forward to this event) uncertain because the Diamond XOXO will need a bit of heart surgery at some point this year.
The nice thing about an extended break I happily found time to do a bit of crafting. My friend won a chipboard tree in the draw at the Bramford  Christmas crop. So I took it home to alter for her. I painted and crackled the trunk, then painted the tree and clear embossed a swirl and butterflies then painted over and rubbed to get a resit. I then added inks and metallic rub ins and stamped in black. The tree had the chipboard birds and hearts with it so I also altered these. I really enjoyed doing this and I will give it to back to my Friend this Saturday. I do hope she likes it as much as I did altering it.  Sadly SCD is closing for 2011 I shall really miss the weekly challenges, I will try and blog at least a couple of times a month. Hugs All XX.

2 comments:

Pebby Morton said...

Sandra I love it.Think I need some more how to lessons, Luv.Mum

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Wow Sandra, it is fantastic, looks like you had loads of fun doing it! Bet you're friend loved it.

Sue xxx