Pages

Followers

Saturday 30 October 2010

Claret & Blue

Phew what a really tricky colour mix, you girls on the DI team really know how to challenge all of us, guess that's what it is all about getting to do stuff out of your comfort zone. Well I had to mix red and dark pink ink to get claret I used grunge board and my TH flower dies, then stamped my text in blue and to give it a lift a swirl in white acrylic paint, I then edged in blue glitter pen. I thought it still looked rather flat so I punched out leaves in blue glitter card and mounted on black card run through an embossing folder. I am very satisfied with the outcome, thanks DI team for this challenge I rather enjoyed it. Off to enjoy a curry this evening as my sons and wags have visited for my birthday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

4 comments:

Laura said...

This is lovely. I want it as a brooch on my jacket! It would sit perfectly! Thanks for joining us at SCD again.

Artyjen said...

It's a great claret! Fab way to get around not having specific inks ;) Thanks so much for playing along with the colour combo chosen by me at SCD this week ;)
xoxo Sioux

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Sandra that is gorgeous!!! well done you xx

Have a great Birthday.

Sue x

Unknown said...

Challenge well done! Thanks for playing along with us at SCD

love Dawn xx