Pages

Followers

Sunday 5 September 2010

All things Lace

What a beautiful early autumn day it has been pity we don't get more of them, even more of a shame that we miss them when at work. Anyway I have spent a part of this lovely day in my room working on the SCD  challenge, this month it is Arches and this week Lace. I think we all must have a passion for Lace. I know my Mum has she has a gorgeous selection accumulated over the years. She is a well known miniature bear artist.. I persuaded her to join in this challenge which she did and I am pleased to say she really enjoyed.
On my piece I used my new silkies range of water based paint, called Indian Spice I used it to paint the base on the card it has a lovely shimmer. Then I stamped over it with my newest stamp (it is a beautiful stamp) although the ink I used (versfine black) did not sit well with the paint. I then added some antique lace to the top and side, I have had in my stash for a while.The gold butterflies and a lace border which I inked with TH to finish. Keep the fabulous challenges coming DT.

7 comments:

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Absoslutley gorgeous arch Sandra, love the paint effect!!!!

Carol Plume said...

Hiya!

Gorgeous arch - loving those lace flowers - must run in the family!

Thanks for joining us again this week.xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful arch, great elements.

Artyjen said...

Love the lace rosette :) Fab stamped image and I see you have used the same arch shape as Mum! Fab
Thanks for sharing with us at SCD
xoxo Sioux

margaret said...

lovely arch Sandra. I love pink. xx

Laura said...

Fantastic colour background. Love how the image, lace and flowers all sit together so well. Great to see you again at SCD.

Unknown said...

beautiful lave and the butterflys are cute too! I't so nce when we can get some one to join in the fun with us isn't it? Glad you & your mum had fun. and thank you for playing a long with the SCD team

Love Dawn xx